Monday, February 25, 2019

"Why do you drive?"


They ask:
"Why do you drive, when you could fly?" 
I answer:



 to see the breadth of the land,



 to feel the expanse of the sky,




 to experience the weather,



 to sense the mass of the mountains,

to encounter the wildlife,

to hold all this in my mind,
to contain it in my soul,
to share it with you.



© 2019 Richard Havenga


Photo Locations:

1. Monument Valley - Utah

2. Flathead Lake - Montana

3. Flaming Gorge - Utah

4. PrayMontana

5. Rocky Mountain National Park - Colorado


2 comments:

  1. "Why do you drive?" New Poetry by Poetographer Richard Havenga @ Walk With Father Nature: https://walkwithfathernature.blogspot.com/2019/02/why-do-you-drive.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Dad! Thank you for reminding me to keep my eyes open, observant, and grateful as I drive through the West!
    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.