Monday, January 21, 2019

Book Rock

In Memory of Mary Oliver (1935 ~ 2019)


When I remove this special rock
from the shoulder of the mountain,

and during the descent,
feel its weight inside my pack,

I picture it displayed
on my library shelf.

Or,



I may use its weight to hold open
a book of poems I'm reading



by Mary Oliver, William Stafford, 
Jane Kenyon, Ted Kooser,
Luci Shaw, or Dan Gerber, ...



as I sit on the bank
of this rocky river,
thinking about its source.
© 2019 Richard Havenga




Photo Locations:

1. & 2. Home Library - Cannonsburg, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.