Sunday, June 19, 2016

Grace Notes



This morning breeze
whispers in the woods,
then the wind 
becomes more ambitious
as a stratus blanket 
grows in the northwest,
signaling a summer shower
coming soon. 

Among the far-reaching branches
of Sugar Maples and White Oaks,
where sunlight touches their tips,
Redstarts are flitting
orange and black,
orange and black,
along the wall of green.



Just now a Veery.
A Veery!
Calling from within
the density of green.


I wait.
I listen.
He appears.

His sweet song
showers me
with grace notes.
I feel immersed
in a pool of serenity.


I want to take
all of this
with me,
and give it 
to you.
© 2016 Richard Havenga


Listen to the call of the Veery from Cornell Labs: 

Veery Call


Photo LocationsWabasis Lake Park - Kent County - Michigan 



No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.