Monday, July 22, 2013

Blackwater Cloth





This warm July morning,
exactly mid-summer,
bright green ovals,
glossy as emeralds,
float on black water,
flat as fabric.

Bluegills and sunfish
pop snails off
the underside.

Dragonflies and damselflies 
snatch gnats
off the surface.

Life                 
        grows on,
                           above,
                                        around,
                                                        within,
                                                                       below.

These glossy
green ovals
floating flat 
as fabric
on the cloth
of black water.
 

© 2013  Richard Havenga








Photo Location:

Pickerel Lake Park,  (Pickerel)  (Fred Meijer Nature Preserve)  Kent County,  Michigan

Click on photo to enlarge.




2 comments:

  1. Love the world you see through your lens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcia:

    Now that I'm retired from my career in Education, I have more time to explore with my camera. I am blessed to live close to this natural area called Pickerel Lake. The great philanthropist, Fred Meijer (Founder of Meijer grocery stores) gave this large parcel to the residents of Kent County, Michigan. Every time I visit, I see families with their kids; walking the trails, fishing from the floating boardwalks. I always compliment them on getting their kids outside to enjoy Nature.

    Thanks for comment.

    Gratefully,

    Rich

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.