Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"POP QUIZ TODAY !"

"Pop quiz?"

"But Mr. Havenga, you didn't tell us this was coming! We didn't have time to study!"

"No worries! If you've been Walking With Father Nature, you should do fine."

"Please number your paper from 1 to 10."

"Now, identify these plants by looking at only the veins."


1.


2.



3.



4.




5.





6.




7.




8.



9.




10.




Scoring:

Number Correct = Rating

9-10 = Master Botanist
7-8   = Minor Botanist
5-6   = Future Botanist
3-4   = Wanna-Be Botanist
1-2   = Perhaps Another Branch - Scientist
0      = Hope you liked the greenery


Guidelines:

1. You may ask anyone for help except "Father Nature".
2. You may review any WWFN post: April, May, or June.
3. You have 48 hours to finish. (Answers due Friday, June 29, 2012 @ 8 A.M. EDT)
4. Please hand in your tests when you're done. See instructions below.


Instructions:

In the "comments" section at the end of this post, write:

1. answer 2. answer 3. etc.

I will accept answers through Facebook, although I prefer WWFN.


Good Luck. Good Skill. See you soon. I'm going to do some field work with my camera.




Hint: Answers one and ten are the same.

7 comments:

  1. Mr. Havenga:

    I don't think it's fair that you sprung this on the class with no advanced warning. However I found a friend who knows all the answers; and #9 has three names. I will wait until all other entries are in before submitting my test.

    Respectfully,

    Master Botanist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have payed attention in class!!!! I must get Joann King down here to help me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne Marie:

    You are encouraged to get help from your neighbor, the "Master Gardener"

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why we are subscribing to Father Nature.
    We are at the point of enjoying the greenery and need all the help we can get.

    My husband asked if we click on the pictures will it take us to more
    in-depth information? That would make it too easy. : )

    This is going to be my daughters assignment for tomorrow.

    I LOVE IT!!!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops, looks like she has to stay up late and do this tonight.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine:

    Hints for your daughter: one is "poison", one is "deadly", one is stinky, see 4-2-12, and does she love cats?

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  7. As promised, here is the answer key to the Quiz:

    1. Arrowhead
    2. Staghorn Sumac
    3. Common Cattail
    4. Cow Parsnip
    5. Skunk Cabbage
    6. Poison Ivy
    7. Bloodroot
    8. Yellow Pond Lily
    9. Deadly Nightshade
    10. Arrowhead

    Father Nature

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS:
Please write a comment in the white box. I value your thoughts. I will reply to all who write.

When finished, sign your name, click down arrow, select "Name/URL", or "Anonymous", then click "Publish". Thank you.